Monday, May 10, 2010

land speeders assembled and primed

One last group photo before I rip apart the land speeder and warthog to combine them into what’s on the right.

009 land speeder + warthog = land sporthog? Wart speeder?

Last pic before they’re primed, to show the different plastic parts that make them up. Basically everything up front is warthog and the bed of the truck is filled with land speeder bottom. You can see my yellow plastic making up the closed canopy, hopefully I’ll find a way to make them look like they fit in.

010_

Check out the finished but unpainted product! Sure there are some rough edges, some parts I could attack with green stuff, but for now I’m priming them and calling them done version 1. If I nitpick and perfectionist they’ll never be painted, and I’d rather fix some paint later than leave them unpainted and unused forever.

011_ 013

Check out the front of the one on the left. I thought I would mount the weapons to the inside fender, but suddenly I realised it’s the perfect place for a jet style air intake. So I cut out the fender panel along the lines the toy gave me, and put part of a hair comb behind it for an intake grill and to hide the ugly plastic innards. I’d like to do this for the other one too, thankfully it’s screwed shut rather than drilled shut, another benefit of working with toy models!

 40k; land speeder 001

Next post on these babies will be them painted! Not sure what color scheme my army will be still, so I may do one red and one blue to test. Probably half silver like grey knights colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment